Danny Pink is literally a “lady killer” and that might be Clara in the upcoming Christmas special because timey-wimey wibbly-wobbly, Moffat’s gonna Moff.
- Everyone saw the parallel with Nine and Rose from 1x02 End of the World when Twelve asks Clara for chips and coffee…. Why am i the only one who saw the parallel when Twelve offered Half-Faced Man a drink to the time when Nine took the Slitheen out to dinner upon capturing her (even if it was on her request) in 1x11 Boom Town?
- Missy is strongly hinted at as the Master, and while I love the idea, it’s just another massive Moffat red herring.
- I daresay this is one of the best episodes Moffat has written as Who showrunner, and he has learned a lot from his experience writing Sherlock. I think he succeeds with the metaphors of the dinosaur and the clockwork robots; the Doctor being old/lost/alone and then regenerated. I will justify that Eleven’s phone call, redundant as it may seem, was to spell it out for the children because…this is a children’s show.
- I will go out on a limb and speculate that the season finale Dark Water/Death in Heaven will feature a cameo by Capaldi as Lucius (to answer the mystery of the familiar face) and the quote “You betrayed me. You betrayed my trust, our friendship, and everything I’ve ever stood for. You let me down.” was said by him. Which only means this will not actually happen because I am always wrong when I have a theory.
- I saw one review that complained that Mancini’s Family Restaurant is anachronistic in Victorian London, but I think it’s meant to be like that because it’s hinted that an alien/time traveler planted it (i.e. the clockwork robots). Besides, you believe in a time traveling police box, and you complain about this?
- First episode in, and Twelve is one Jack Harkness snog away from Nine from being my favorite Doctor.
UM OKAY SO THIS IS GOING TO BE LONG, SORRY NOT SORRY. LIKE I’M SITTING HERE EXHALING TRYING TO WORK UP THE GALL TO ACTUALLY WRITE THIS UP BUT IT’S SO FUCKING DENSE IT’S INTIMIDATING OKAY. HERE WE GO. WAit, I need a snack.
TODAY on MoS, it is a perfect sunshine morning and Gini is getting her bbs ready for school (in a perf little red apron that’s stoppin’ my heart). And her daughter is spouting all this tooth fairy nonsense and Gin gets a gold medal parenting award for teaching her that not all princes are hot and perfect. Like, let’s drill in realistic love expectations at an early age, ty. And I am sure there is extra depth in this convo that I can’t focus on rn because I JUST WANNA GET TO THE HOTEL.